P.O. Box 1243, Maryborough QLD 4650, ABN 41 757 152 369

How to become a Member

- If you are already a member of SSAA (Sporting Shooters Association of Australia) then you need to transfer your membership to Fraser Coast using this transfer form, and also pay the club fee using the range pass form.  (These forms can be submitted electronically, if you wish to do so.)

- If you are not already a member of SSAA then you need to join SSAA using the SSAA NATIONAL MEMBERSHIP FORM, and pay the appropriate membership fee as shown on the form.  In addition you should pay the club fee using the range pass form. 

- On your membership application, enter 'Q50 - Fraser Coast' in the box marked 'Branch'. If you do notspecify Q50, you will not be assigned  to SSAA (Fraser Coast Branch) Inc., and you will not be eligible for the branch's benefits.

- If you wish to become a pistol shooter then you must also join the pistol section of the branch. 
The form for that is the pistol section application.

You must be a member of the pistol section for six months before you can apply for your licence so after joining Q50, immediately submit the pistol section application to ensure you complete your probation as soon as possible.  See the joining procedure link below for more information.

In all cases you can send the form and fees to:

The Secretary
SSAA Fraser Coast
P.O. Box 1243
Maryborough QLD 4650

A list of current executive members of the branch is to be found here.

Membership of the Sporting Shooters Association of Australia can help you obtain a licence for a rifle.  Membership of SSAA or a similar organisation is required if you wish to obtain a sporting shooters licence for a pistol.

The process to be followed for obtaining a rifle licence is summarised in rifle licence process.

The process to be followed to obtain a pistol licence is a little more complicated and is summarised in pistol licence process.
As mentioned above there is a pistol section application form to join the pistol section

The costs involved vary from time to time and the current costs are listed .

The various forms required to apply for licences etc can be obtained from your local police station.  However forms can also be downloaded from the Queensland Police Service Weapons licencing page.

If you wish to become familiar with your obligations under the weapons act and regulations, then you can find this information on the Queensland legislation site.  Select "Current Legislation". Then select "W" and look for the weapons act and regulations.